Saturday, April 7, 2012

Etude House Baby Doll Puff

Tada! Hi guys! I know it has been a WHILE since my last post, I was too busy with school as well as with my personal life. So anyway, since it's my comeback post, I'm returning with my latest HG makeup tool.

tada! etude's baby doll puff or a.k.a. : beauty blender dupe

The packaging:
(photo grabbed from kikaytrekkie.blogspot.com)


the packaging is ultra cuuute! diba diba? :D




I bought this sponge last quarter of 2011 and it retails for 378 pesos.
This is my latest photo of my sponge, as you can see, it does not stain.



I'm giving you an idea on how 'just right' the size of the sponge is. (sorry for my dirty phone lol)

When DRY

When WET

What's the difference?! LOL.

Unlike the beauty blender, this does not expand a lot at all, it expands a wee bit but it's totally unnoticeable.

How I clean it:

For hygienic purposes, I wash this every after use.
 just rub this on a laundry soap (bar). yes, you read it right, laundry soap.
Dish washing liquid works also but laundry soaps removes all stains. 

I remember when I asked an etude SA on how to clean the sponge, 
she said to use a facial wash because I use this on my face.

But think about this, you use laundry soaps on your garments, on your towels that you also use on your face.
so I really really think that's it's not a big deal to clean your sponges with laundry soaps or dish washing liquid. :)

How I use it:

I USE IT DAMP.

I use the base of the sponge on my whole face, I use the 'stippling method' when applying my foundation on.

I DO NOT put the liquid foundation directly on the sponge (except on cream based foundations), I put pea sized amounts on my face then use my sponge to blend it. I use the pointy tip of the sponge on the size of my nose and on my under eye area. But sometimes I end up just using the base of the sponge. lol.

 Pros:

Compared to my E.L.F. paddle foundation brush and to my E.L.F. studio stippling brush, this does give the best finish, this does not leave any streaks or marks at all. This gives me a 'no make up' make up finish. 

Cons:

If you are to lazy on cleaning tools everyday, then this is not for you.

Price:

378 pesos, if I'm not mistaken. lol

Repurchase?

I might, But I there are new dupes coming out in the market so I might try other brands :)

Recommend?

If you are fond of using cream based foundations, this one's for you. This works amazingly on cream based foundations.
If you are into liquid foundations, gel foundations and bb creams, this will also work for you.
If you are into two way foundations, this will still work on you.
If you are into powder foundations, this will still work, just use it DRY.

so need I say more? :) this one's a hit for it's price. and it's also cute! :)

3 comments: