Tuesday, August 23, 2011

VS time: Maybelline Clear Smooth All In One Shine Free Foundation vs. Maybelline Clear Smooth Extra Shine Free Powder Foundation


Comparing time! So Maybelline released this new face powder which is:


tada! :)


So here's the chic packaging, well it's mainly made out of plastic,
but I love that the front cover is PINK and it is two-toned! :)


There are tiny holes for the sponge, for ventilation.
I used this baby already before taking photos.
Got too excited! sorry! :)


Has a bigger mirror, compared to the blue one 

Maybelline says:


Ney says:

Shine Control - yes it does, I wore this, only this yesterday, it did reduce my oily-ness,
but again, not a drastic change. *urgh oily face!*
High UV protection - ok so that I cannot test. But this one has a higher UV protection
Instant Fairness - I cannot test this one because I tend to choose a shade darker than what my
actual shade is, because I have a very acidic skin, the products that I apply tend to oxidize,
it does make my make up lighter, as well as my lipsticks.
But this shade, the darkest shade that they have, matches my skin perfectly.
Dark Spots Blend Away - oh yes it did! I remember when I applied it on my eye area,
and my eyelashes went white. (LOL)
Visibly Smooth Complexion - Yep.
Conceal Blemishes and Pores - well it did reduce the appearance of my
imperfections but concealers are still a need when you want a full coverage.
But with this alone is fine for me. It did conceal my dark under-eye.
Tone Perfecting - It matches my skin perfectly! :)

Cons:
Lasting power is quite poor, most specially on my t-zone. Well, considering that I have a very oily skin (specially on my t-zone), and I wore only this, I did not expect this to last long on my face.

Price: 
Php250
Refills for Php149!

Repurchase?
Yes!

Okay! So when compared with:



See I have two shades? well the story is that, I was a bummer last summer of 2011
and decided to combine my two Maybelline face powder.

I de-potted them, mixed the two shades and them compressed it once more :)

Ney says:
Shine Control - Just the same with the pink one
UV Protection - has SPF20
Concealing - does a good job in concealing as well
  
Cons:
Has a lower SPF, Compared to the pink one
Does not last long on my face, But this lasts a tad more than the pink one.

Price:
Php249

Repurchase?
This has been my foundation for like 3 years already, I love this one but I am somewhat enjoying the pink one, but I'm still holding on to this product! :) so it's a yes i guess.


Here are the swatches. (L-R) blue, pink.
Both in Sand beige, the blue one is just somewhat altered. :)



Urgh, My foundations looked abused here. oops.

So who won anyway?

This one's a close fight, I would continue using the blue one, but I love how the pink one is pink (lol)
and I like that has a higher SPF, Has Vitamin C, and It has a refill. So:


This baby wins!


3 comments:

  1. I'm using this product too, and i'm lovin it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybelline lives up to their promises :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I used one of your pictures here : http://monolidgoddess.tumblr.com/post/33425465276/maybelline-clear-smooth-all-in-one-shine-free but I linked back to this post. In case you want your picture be removed, just tell me and I'd remove it right away. Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete