Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Homemade Brush Cleanser :)

Because I am fond of using make up brushes, I always want to keep them clean
most specially my face brushes to avoid any breakouts ;)

I used to spritz my brushes with rubbing alcohol to kill any bacteria
that resides in brushes. And with that, I 'deep clean' my brushes every week.
BTW, cleaning brushes are quite tiring and it does not dry up quite fast.

So, I searched on youtube on how do they clean their brushes.
I stumbled on makeupbytiffanyd's and enkoremakeup's channel. Both of them ofcourse
uses MAC brush cleanser in which no way I am going to buy one. (LOL).
And I'm really thankful than Koren of enkoremakeup made a tutorial on
how to make your brush cleanser!

Here's what you'll need:

1) A cup of distilled water - I used Alkaline water
2) 3/4 cup of rubbing alcohol - I used 70% cause that's the highest one available locally
3) A teaspoon of antibacterial dish washing soap - I used Joy Antibac.
4) A teaspoon of NOURISHING shampoo - I used L'oreal for dry hair
5) A container of course ;)

Just mix them all together and DO NOT SHAKE
shaking will make the shampoo turn into suds.
(that's what happened to me...oops! then I ended up removing the suds)

Then viola! here's my demo ;)



This is my ELF stippling brush, I clean this everyday so the residues that
you see here are from today's make up.


A palmful of your cleanser is enough.


Just let the brush soak up all of the cleanser.


Gently rub your brush with a tissue, well I usually use a handkerchief or a towel that is smooth.
In this case, I used a tissue cause the towel that I am using is in the laundry :)


It's partly clean here. But a lot is gone. :)


With another re-run. Look! it's cuhlean! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment