Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Face Shop's Span Face Primer

Hi guys! how's your long weekend? well I've been a bummer for the past 3 days! (p.s., I'm lovin' it!)

Okay! So I've been skeptical about purchasing face primers.
Well, despite of it's features, I'm thinking if is it necessary to have one. 
So I just took a leap of faith, and bought one!

Actually, I was choosing among 5 brands
(the body shop's matte it face primer, ellana's make it last face primer, 
e.l.f.'s mineral infused face primer, the face shop's span face primer
and smashbox's photo finish face primer)

And out of the blue, I instantly chose this! 
(I seriously don't know why I chose this but okay here's my review)

Well technically, Span is not called as a face primer (it's an oil control pre make up -- said the tube), 
though when I asked the SA from the face shop for a face primer, she showed me this:

The tube reminds me of my maybelline gel foundation


see? same nozzle too! :)


here's the mucus like primer. :) (LOL sorry! :D)

thefaceshop says:

Formulated with sebum absorbing powder and pore smoothing elastic polymer,
this make up primer minimizes shine while enhancing the staying power of your foundation

ney says:

They did live up it to their promise.

Pros:
It does make my make up last longer.
Reduced my oily-ness, though I retouched once on my t-zone.
I can skip moisturizing when I will use this.
Has no parabens.
Because it has this greenish tint, this did reduce the red spots on my face.

 it's just that:

Cons:
It is not like other primers, that leaves this silky velvety finish.
Takes a while to dry up.
Since I have an oily skin, moisturizing before priming is a no-no, it makes this primer less effective.

Price:
Originally, this was 500++, bordering to 600++. In the end, I bought this baby for Php445

Repurchase?
Nope. I'll try the remaining 4 on my list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment